Federal tax reform will lead to many issues surrounding state and federal tax conformity. FBA needs to be diligent in this debate to maintain fair and equitable business taxes in California:
- Continue our leadership role to maintain prohibition on Estate Tax in California
- Split Roll and rolling back of Proposition 13 continues to be a concern in California and FBA will fight against any proposal to negatively impact commercial property taxes.
Regulatory relief continues to be a top priority for FBA members but regulations surrounding labor relations and human resource management provide additional challenges to our members. FBA will provide additional focus in opposing legislation and regulations that impact labor and our workforce.
Workforce development and identifying a qualified and available source of labor is an increasing challenge. FBA will work to support workforce development opportunities that help provide a trained workforce.
Publicize FBA policy, legislative and regulatory positions. FBA will work to achieve coverage of those positions and opinions in the news media.
Continue to explore opportunities to assist the transfer of ownership and property between family members and through successive generations.
Continue to build relationships with key legislators and administration officials.
- Sponsor the 6th Annual Family Business Legislative Conference
- Meet one-on-one with more key legislators and officials to educate them on the importance of family businesses and what issues are critical to family businesses
- Encourage FBA members to engage employees in both education and advocacy illustrating impact on business impacts the employees and expand our voices.
- Participate in coalitions, public events, and hearings advancing the importance of the family business model and family business issues.